- Meetings & Events
- Continuing Education
- Career Center
- SICP eNews
Our Mission Statement
The Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals is a non-profit organization that promotes and encourages participation of the invasive cardiovascular professional in his/her professional organization. Participation and support of the SICP will serve to enhance the perception of professionalism and high quality of care delivered to patients undergoing procedures in Cardiac Catheterization Laboratories. The SICP is committed to providing educational and networking opportunities to all members and cardiovascular professionals.
Core values define the fundamental beliefs and principles that guide the Society. The core values guiding The Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals are:
Using these core values to direct the development of the Society, the following statements reflect those beliefs:
- Promotes the highest quality care to patients undergoing invasive procedures in cardiac catheterization laboratories by providing scope of practice, orientation guidelines, position statements and written standards.
- Provides premium educational offering to invasive specialists at reasonable costs.
- Acts as an advocate for the profession.
- Supports invasive cardiovascular leaders.
VISION AND GOALS
The vision of Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals Executive Board in two year's time is:
The Society of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals will be the recognized representative of Invasive Cardiovascular Professionals who support physicians and patients in the Cardiac Catheterization and Electrophysiology Laboratories.
The Society will:
- Retain current membership and increase new membership by 20%/year
- Publish position statements and standards specific to the cath lab environment and work to have those endorsed by leading physician,hospital organizations, and regulatory agencies.
- Recruit professionals to join and support an Advocacy Committee that will develop a process to assist with and support recognition of the RCIS credential at the federal and state level.
- Present RCIS review courses regularly.
- Update and publish curriculum for accredited CVT programs